With the holiday season coming on fast, it is important not to get wrapped up in the festivities and neglect your oral health care. Brushing your teeth is just as important at the end of the year as it is in the beginning. It’s important to make it a year-round activity to ensure your teeth stay healthy and active for as long as you do.
Here are a few tips for brushing your teeth during the holidays:
– Make sure to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Chewy candies and hard candies can be extremely difficult to brush away. If possible, avoid them, or give extra care to brushing your teeth after consumption.
– Visit your dentist every six months or as directed for an oral exam with Dr. Nathan Lester, or a professional cleaning.
– Many holiday delights can leave residue behind in hard to reach places, so be sure to brush thoroughly on all sides and surfaces of each tooth.
– Keep your toothbrushes clean and properly stored when not in use.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Use toothbrushes with softer bristles, as harder bristles can damage your gums. Also, be sure not to press too hard. The goal is to clean the teeth, not strip them of their enamel.
With the proper oral health care holiday hygiene, you can make your mouth dazzle this holiday season. For more information about brushing your teeth, or to schedule an appointment at Wyoming Dental Specialties in Evanston, Wyoming, please call us at 307-789-5608 to speak with a merry member of our team. We look forward to hosting your smile!